Eight Hundred and Fifty Thousand Pound
Mere Lane Farm, Penkridge Cattery & Associated Land and Buildings, Penkridge, ST19 5PJ
5 bedroom farm for sale
A versatile five bedroomed four en-suite large family dwelling with a total floor area of approximately 3900 SQ.FT / 362 SQ.M and set in approximately 3.5 acres of Staffordshire countryside.
- The Property includes an indoor heated swimming pool, games room and feature fireplaces in three reception rooms.
- Established gardens with the front hosting a large lawn, mature oak tree, planted boarders a summer house and a garden pond. The rear garden has a variety of mature fruit trees and lawned area.
- Established Cattery business.
- Situated conveniently by the A449 with excellent transport links.
- Four stables and paddocks.
- Space for extended residential amenity or business use.
- FOR SALE BY PRIVATE TREATY.
The property is situated on the A449 approximately 2 miles from the centre of Penkridge.
Mere Lane Farm provides very well laid out family residential accommodation with the added amenities of games room and indoor swimming pool and attractive lawned gardens and summer house. The established Cattery business offers an immediate source of income for potential purchasers while the yard area, paddocks and stables offer the opportunity for extended amenity or business use subject to obtaining the appropriate planning permission.
Mere Lane Farmhouse:
An extended and improved former farmhouse now providing extensive residential accommodation to include large living kitchen, dining room, lounge, study, utility area, large master bedroom suite, three further double bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms and second floor bedroom. The ground floor extends into a modern games room and on into the pool house with 10m x 4m swimming pool, changing room and shower room with WC, plant room and mural painted walls.
Penkridge Cattery is the largest in the area with 72 heated pens. Indoor and outdoor pens and modern associated facilities ensure loyal ongoing support for this family run business.
In conjunction with the cattery the adjacent buildings and yard area provide a range of general storage solutions for small businesses.
Adjacent to the Cattery there are four timber stables looking out to the stable yard and paddocks.
Buildings and Yards
- Log Store (21.8m x 5.6m) – A timber framed monopitch shed providing storage and kennelling close to the dwelling.
- Store (24m x 12m approx.) – A steel framed building divide into storage units with timber partitions.
- Store & Cattery (32m x 12m approx.) – A steel framed building partially used for storage and in part portioned to provide ground floor and first floor cattery houses.
- Cattery extension (32m x 4.6m) – A timber framed and clad monopitch single storey extension providing Cattery reception facilities and four stables.
- Sorage Compound (25m x 25m approx.) – A hardcore surfaced yard with security fencing to three sides backing onto the railway line and suitable for a variety of potential uses subject to the appropriate planning permission.
METHOD OF SALE
The property is offered for sale by Private Treaty.
The property has electricity and water connections, septic tank drainage and oil fired central heating.
NITRATE VULNERABLE ZONE (NVZ)
The land is included within a Nitrate Vulnerable Zone for surface water and ground water
EASEMENTS, WAYLEAVES & RIGHTS OF WAY
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all existing rights of way whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and electricity supplies together with all wayleaves whether referred to in these particulars or not.
The property has the benefit of a permanent easement over the access drive in order to access the property
SPORTING, TIMBER & MINERAL RIGHTS
In so far as they are owned, these are included within the sale.
TENURE & POSSESSION
Freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
From the M6 Junction 12 head west towards Wolverhampton on the A5 for approx 1.5 miles. Upon coming to a roundabout at Gailey take the third exit towards Penkridge on the A449. Travel approximately 0.5 mile where the access to Mere Lane Farm can be found on the left. (Just before the main entrance to Rodbaston Agricultural College opposite on the right).