Advice To Buyers & Sellers
Terms of Business - Conditions of Sale
For goods accepted by Nock Deighton Agricultural LLP for inclusion in a sale at their Tasley Saleroom in Bridgnorth.
- No goods can be received at the saleroom without prior appointment with the Auctioneer.
- No Lots will be accepted unless entered on an appropriate Entry Form. Completion of Entry Forms does not necessarily reserve space in any sale, dates being subject to Auctioneer's discretion and dependent upon availability of space. Entries will be lotted at Auctioneer's discretion.
- COLLECTION & DELIVERY – The Auctioneers can arrange the collection and delivery to or from their Saleroom by approved contractor at the owner's expense.
- UNSALEABLE GOODS – In the interest of all clients, unserviceable goods will NOT be accepted and the Auctioneers and their staff reserve the right at all times to refuse to offer any goods which in their opinion are unsuitable for Auction. This includes electrical items, 3-piece suites, second-hand beds etc. All soft furnishings must be pre-1950 or conform to BS fire safety mark.
- ALL ELECTRICAL ITEMS – will be sold AS SCRAP unless PAT tested (this only means the item is electrically safe and does not imply it is working).
- AGENCY – The Auctioneers act in the sale of goods as Agents only and all Lots are taken with all faults and misdescriptions (if any). In particular, they disclaim liability for payments to the seller until they have received payments from the buyer.
- NOCK DEIGHTON AGRICULTURAL LLP – shall not be liable for loss or damage to goods on their premises whether due to negligence of Nock Deighton Agricultural, their Agents or otherwise.
- All goods accepted for absolute sale unless a special arrangement is agreed by the Auctioneers.
- CHARGES – Minimum Commission Charge - £2.00 per Lot excluding VAT
- Commission –17.5% of the selling price (including insurance cover) excluding VAT
- Buyers Premium – 12.5% inc. VAT
- House Clearances - pricing on Lots is negotiable
- RESERVES – Reserves are welcome but negotiable and at the Auctioneer's discretion. Any unsold reserved lots will incur the minimum commission charge.
- Lots failing to reach their reserve may at the entire discretion of the Auctioneers be re-offered in another sale without reserve. Otherwise the Vendor must remove unsold Lots immediately; a charge of £25 per day for each item may be levied at the Auctioneers' discretion.
- All Lots which fail to attract a bid of any sort will automatically be disposed of by the Auctioneers following the sale and any costs incurred will be charged to the Vendor.
Bidding At Auction
Registration – prior to bidding at any of our auctions, prospective purchasers are required to register their full name, address and telephone details with Nock Deighton Agricultural LLP and give consent to receipt of marketing material by electronic and paper communication. Following registration, an application can be made to unsubscribe from our marketing list at any time.
Methods of Payment
- Cash – payment in cash is acceptable in sterling up to the equivalent of 15000 euros
- Recognised Bank debit Card (payments will not be accepted by telephone) but not a business card, it must be a personal debit card
- Credit card (payments will not be accepted by telephone) but not a business card, it must be a personal credit card
- Bank cheque